What Does a Travel SLP Do?
Speech-language pathologists have a tremendous opportunity to advance their careers in the allied travel space. Join our long-established healthcare network and access a vast selection of exclusive speech therapy opportunities at sought-after facilities, nationwide. You get to keep doing what you’re passionate about while enjoying the freedom to choose when and where you go on your next assignment.
Requirements for Travel SLP Jobs
- Obtains master’s degree to practice and maintains state license to practice
- Teaches patients techniques to make speech sounds and improve communication through voice
- Meets with patients to evaluate and diagnose speech, language disorders and swallowing functionality
- Provides fundamental vocabulary, language and speech skills to patients
- Develops and implements patient treatment plan, including education to patients and their families
- Works in a variety of settings like acute care and schools