What is a Travel Registered Respiratory Therapist?
Registered respiratory therapists are highly skilled and specialize in respiratory care. As a travel RRT, your adventurous spirit and willingness to explore new environments will allow you to adapt to different healthcare facilities across the country. Travel respiratory therapists provide critical respiratory care to in hospitals, clinics, and other medical settings. Explore the country and change the lives of your patients from city to city.
Job Requirements for Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Examines, diagnoses, and administers treatment to patients suffering with lung disease and breathing aliments
- Assists physicians with invasive and non-invasive procedures, including arterial lines and intubations
- Delivers medicated aerosols to a patient via medical compressed gas
- Conducts and records results for pulmonary stress tests and blood gases
- Monitors and reports on patient’s response to therapy, as well as anomalies found through testing like insufficient lung capacity and blood gases
- Maintains and operates various respiratory machines such as ventilators and gas administrators
- Holds an advanced-level Respiratory Therapy Certification