Physical Therapist Career Resources
PT Jobs: Great Resources
At Club Staffing, our valuable physical therapists come first. For this reason, we continually update our site with the latest resources for their use. The following reference guide will help both existing physical therapists and job seekers get to the information they need. To find out what types physical therapist jobs are available, simply search travel physical therapy jobs.
American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) is an individual
membership professional organization representing more than 90,000
member physical therapists (PTs), physical therapist assistants (PTAs),
and students of physical therapy.
Your ultimate online resource for everything related to the practice and profession of Physical Therapy.
PT Central provides study materials and assorted resources for study materials for physical therapy students.
- The Foreign Credentialing Commission on Physical Therapy (FCCPT) — A non-profit organization created to assist the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
— The first end-to-end comprehensive Internet physical therapy resource
connecting visitors to the physical
- Alltop — The purpose of Alltop is to help you answer the question, “What’s happening?” in “all the topics” that interest you.
Back to Top
Physical Therapy Information
An online video library for physical therapists, students, educators, and other healthcare disciplines.
About.com provides an extensive overview on all facets of physical therapy and just about anything else you can think of.
The official consumer information website of the American Physical Therapy Association.
— Publishes print and online news magazines, as well as weekly email
newsletters, providing news and information to
Health Care Professionals in an easy-to-read, non-clinical format.
Back to Top
Physical Therapy Interactive Tools
Develops and administers the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE) for both PTs and PTAs.
exercise software for rehabilitation and training professionals who
need to create personal exercise and information handouts for their
clients, by print, email and high quality videos.
web-based physical therapy software system that ensures compliance,
efficiency, and quality of care in a physical therapist practice.
Back to Top
Physical Therapy Magazines
official publication of the American Physical Therapy Association
(APTA) and is an international, scholarly, peer-reviewed journal.
trusted source of innovative learning opportunities, compelling
news and other resources that actively support the physical therapists
and physical therapist assistants community.
Online resource for special education, pediatric occupational therapy and pediatric physical therapy.
- AdvanceWeb — A producer of multimedia resources, a provider of education, a host of career events, an online store and so much more.
Back to Top
mission is to help solve two urgent problems in U.S. health care: the
under-representation of minorities in the workforce and the shortage of
health professionals in medically underserved communities.
Back to Top
Physical Therapy Blogs / Communities
free professional social network for people working in or servicing the
health care and medical field, including blogs, forums, photos and
commentary by an experienced physical therapist on new therapies,
protocols or equipment as well as ADVANCE magazine articles.
social media to thought leadership, these blogs posts will cover the
realm of marketing as it pertains to PTs, OTs, and SLPs.
- In Touch PT
— A physical therapy blog on evidenced-informed orthopedics, manual
therapy and knowledge translation from academia to clinical practice.
- Forward Thinking PT — A blog focused on incorporating critical thinking into physical therapy practice.
Back to Top
Physical Therapy Products
recognized leader in providing healthcare and fitness professionals
with orthopedic, physical therapy, rehabilitation and fitness products.
than thirty-five years of innovation, industry leadership, and superior
quality have made Restorative Care of America, Incorporated one of the
world's leading manufacturers of restorative care products.
core mission is to become the internet leader in medical, therapy and
fitness supplies. They strive to push the limits of innovation,
customer service, and competitive pricing around the globe.
- QuickMedical — Medical equipment and supplies focused on customer service and satisfaction.
Back to Top
Physical Therapy Organizations / Sections
NOTE: Due to the common mission of all APTA section
websites and national organizations who support the profession of
physical therapy, we refrained from ranking these websites.
- The American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists
— Dedicated to promoting professionalism and advancing the standards of
patient care through education, literature, research, advocacy, and
- American College of Rheumatology — The organization represents over 9,400 rheumatologists and rheumatology health professionals around the world.
- American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine
— An organization of rehabilitation professionals dedicated to serving
people with disabling conditions by supporting research that promotes
health, independence, productivity, and quality of life; and meets the
needs of rehabilitation clinicians and people with disabilities.
- American Music Therapy Association
— Focusing on the progressive development of the therapeutic use of
music in rehabilitation, special education, and community settings.
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
— Members are physicians and allied health professionals who
demonstrate scientific leadership, involvement and dedication in the
daily practice of sports medicine.
- American Society of Hand Therapists (ASHT)
— A professional organization comprising licensed occupational and
physical therapists who specialize in the treatment and rehabilitation
of the upper extremity.
- The Aquatic Physical Therapy Section of the APTA
— Develops, promotes, and advocates for evidence-based aquatic physical
therapy as an effective intervention to enhance lifelong movement,
function and well-being.
- The Pediatrics Section of the APTA — Promotes the highest quality of life for all children, people with developmental disabilities, and their families.
- The Home Health Section of the APTA
— The Home Health Section is a specialty component of the APTA, serving
physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and physical
therapy students who either specialize in or have an interest in the
practice of physical therapy in the home health setting.
- National Rehabilitation Association (NRA)
— A member organization that promotes ethical and state of the art
practice in rehabilitation with the goal of the personal and economic
independence of persons with disabilities.
- Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA)
— The premier professional organization dedicated to promoting the
health and well-being of people with disabilities through increasing
access to technology solutions.
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA)
— The professional membership association for certified athletic
trainers and others who support the athletic training profession.
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) — Brings together a diverse group of professionals from the sport science, athletic, allied health, and fitness industries.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
— The U.S. government’s principal agency for protecting the health of
all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for
those who are least able to help themselves.
- U.S. Physical Therapy
— The clinics provide pre- and post-operative care for a variety of
orthopedic-related disorders and sports-related injuries, rehabilitation
of injured workers and preventative care