Job Description & Requirements
Medical Laboratory Technician
inical Lab Scientist (CLS) is responsible for collecting, preparing and analyzing specimens which may include blood, urine, sputum, feces, exudates, secretions and other body fluids on a complete age spectrum of patients, newborn through geriatric. Specimen analysis is accompanied by following prescribed procedures in Chemistry, Microbiology, Immunology, Immunohematology, Hematology, and Toxicology (including Breath ETOH). Calculates and reports results to meet laboratory and hospital policies and standards.
· Require one (1) year Clinical Scientist experience with at least two six (6) months in an acute care setting. Will except acute care CLS externship in lieu of work experience.
· Ability to read and write legible.
· Ability to conform to standard operating procedures.
· Ability to handle medical specimens and conform to Universal Infection Control procedures.
· Ability to communicate effectively with staff and supervisors, nursing and medical staff.
· Current State of California Clinical Lab Scientist License.