Job Description & Requirements
Medical Technologist - Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Small quiet lab. Friendly staff. Positive environment. Can work alone when needed. 2+ years of experience. 50 mile radius rule. No more than a 3 month work history gap in the last year. 15 staff in the lab. EMR is EPIC. Type of equipment - Beckman Coulter AU480; Beckman Coulter Access; Abbott i-STAT; BioMerieux MiniVidas; Instrumentation Laboratory ACL TOP 300; Sysmex XN-1000; Sysmex Pochi; Beckman Coulter iChem 100; Siemens Clinitek Advantus. Ability to understand the functionality and application of standard lab instruments/equipment (e.g. microscopes, random access analyzers, cell counters, coagulation instruments, etc.). Ability to operate, calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
List typical procedures performed on unit(s):
· Ability to understand the functionality and application of standard lab instruments/equipment (e.g. microscopes, random access analyzers, cell counters, coagulation instruments, etc.).
· Ability to evaluate data against measurable criteria in test performance.
· Ability to operate, calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
· Ability to document laboratory tests and results accurately.
· Ability to utilize automated laboratory systems at an acceptable level of proficiency.
· Ability to distinguish colors and perform work with a microscope for extended periods of time.
· Ability to express ideas and convey technical information in verbal and written communication.
· Ability to work quickly, accurately and effectively under stringent deadlines.
· Ability to understand and follow complex written and verbal instructions, formulae and charts.
· Ability to read, understand and communicate in English sufficient to perform the duties of the position.
· Ability to use office equipment and automated systems/applications/software at an acceptable level.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by the duties of the position.