What Does a Travel MRI Tech Do?
As a travel MRI Tech you will have the opportunity to get experience in a variety of settings all across the nation. Whether you want to work in a healthcare facility, clinic, or hospital the choice is yours. The role of a MRI tech extends beyond technical expertise and you'll have access to interact closely with patients, explain procedures, address concerns, and ensure their comfort throughout the entire scanning process. Your empathy, compassion and effective communication are essential to helping patients feel at ease. Turn your personal and professional dreams into a reality. Find your next travel MRI tech job today!
Job Requirements for MRI Tech Jobs
- Administers dye to patients prior to internal imaging to be used by physicians in diagnosis.
- Maintains and operates MRI machine and equipment, including troubleshooting and scheduling repairs
- Meets with patient to discuss medical history, answer questions and calm concerns
- Reviews patient’s medical chart for history of metal devices placed in the body
- Fits patients with appropriate safety materials and administers dye prior to scan
- Scans patient with MRI machine as outlined by leading medical team and/or hiring facility